- 22.214.171.124288 Release for Windows, 27 Sep 2013.
- 126.96.36.199288 Release for Mac OSX, 27 Sep 2013.
This viewer adds the following features to the Firestorm viewer.
This uses OpenGL quad-buffered stereoscopic 3D. It works with NVIDIA GeForce and 3D Vision with driver 314.07 or later; should work with GeForce GTS250 or better. It should also work with NVIDIA Quadro cards plus AMD Radion HD 6000 or better and FireGL V7600 or better with recent drivers.
Using an NVIDIA GeForce graphics card and NVIDIA 3D Vision on Windows you need:
- GeForce driver 314.07 or later.
- Graphics configured to display at 120Hz.
- Monitor configured to display at 120Hz.
- Stereoscopic 3D enabled in the NVIDIA Control Panel.
- 3D Vision set up and working. *
- Viewer configured to run full screen — Preferences > Graphics > General.
- Viewer configured for stereoscopic 3D output — Preferences > Graphics > Display Output.
- Uses the Second Life login screen instead of the Firestorm one if logging into Second Life.
- CtrlAltStudio Viewer skin and colours.
- Can be used with both Second Life and OpenSim.
- Based on Firestorm Viewer 4.4.2.
- So that it can be used with both Second Life and OpenSim, this viewer is compiled without the HAVOK library. This means that certain advanced features are not available when used with Second Life: visual display of the pathfinding navmesh and rigged mesh upload support.
- No crash log reporting: Crash logs are not sent to anybody.
Many thanks the Firestorm viewer team for providing the codebase for building the CtrlAltStudio Viewer upon. And to Cinder Roxley for providing Rift SDK packaging, Mac OSX code changes, and Mac OSX installers. Thanks also to other contributors per the viewer’s Help > About.