- Windows installer: 220.127.116.11384 Alpha, 20 Jun 2015.
- Mac OSX installer: Not available.
This alpha version can be installed in addition to the current “release” version of the CtrlAltStudio Viewer: it is installed in its own directory and has its own Start menu entry.
Changes this version:
- Updated to the Firestorm 4.6.9 plus hotfix codebase. See the Firestorm release notes for details and known issues.
- Updated to Oculus Rift SDK 0.5.0.1. NOTE: If you try using this version of the viewer with Rift runtime 0.4.4 or earlier the viewer will crash.
- Fixed left-click on objects while in Riftlook (like right-clicks, works best with the cursor in the left eye’s display).
- Rift direct mode support.
- Basic shader support for Riftlook.
Oculus Rift usage:
- Oculus Runtime downloaded from https://developer.oculusvr.com/and installed.
- Oculus Configuration Utility used to update your DK2’s firmare if necessary.
- Oculus Configuration Utility used to measure your inter-pupillary distance.
- Rift Display Mode set to “Extend Desktop to the HMD”.
- Windows displays configured to have the Rift display extend the desktop and display in landscape orientation. Note: Orientations shown in Windows Control Panel and NVIDIA Control Panel may differ.
- Viewer configured to be in windowed mode, i.e., make sure Preferences > Graphics > General > Fullscreen mode is not ticked.
- Advanced Lighting Model turned on: Preferences > Graphics > General > Advanced Lighting Model.
- Oculus Rift output turned on: Preferences > Graphics > Display Output > Oculus Rift. And restart the viewer.
- Also recommended is turning Antialiasing on: Preferences > Graphics > Hardware Settings.
- Start the viewer and move your viewer window into your Rift display: drag it, or on Windows use the Windows key + arrow key twice.
- Ctrl+Alt+3 then makes the window fullscreen and switches into Riftlook view.
- Dismiss the health & safety warning by pressing a key. (It will go away after a few seconds. This “feature” is built into the Rift display driver and cannot be easily altered at present. It does go away automatically after a couple of seconds the second and subsequent times you toggle into Riftlook.)
- To “zero” your orientation and positional tracking location press Ctrl+Spacebar.
- To exit Riftlook and move the viewer window back to your main display: Ctrl-Alt-3 then Windows + left-arrow.
- To improve your frame rate, reduce your draw distance and/or turn shadows off.
Stereoscopic 3D, variable walk & fly speed, Xbox 360 controller, and Kinect for Windows work the same as in the previous versions. See the Viewer page for usage instructions.
Based on Firestorm 4.6.9 code and built using the Oculus Rift SDK 0.5.0.1 Beta and Kinect for Windows SDK 1.8. Many thanks to the Firestorm team for providing their codebase.