The 1.1 viewer series enable you to have a look around in Second Life and OpenSim with your Oculus Rift headset. This release adds some preliminary Riftlook UI capability plus a variety of other enhancements and fixes to the previous alpha.
- Windows: 184.108.40.206322 Alpha 4, 23 Oct 2013.
Mac OSX: 220.127.116.11322 Alpha 4.Sorry, no Mac version this release.
If you have a previous 1.1 alpha installed then you can install this release over the top. If you have a 1.0 version of the CtrlAltStudio Viewer installed it is recommended that you do a clean install.
Changes this version:
- Added simple UI display in Riftlook of floating elements such as the chat window and other dialogs and right-click object interaction.
- Added some adjustment of the depth that the Ritlook UI is displayed at.
- Added displaying avatar toasts and floating text in Riftlook.
- Added right-click object interaction while in Riftlook.
- Added option to switch Riftlook operation between mouse moving cursor with alt-mouse moving view, and mouse moving view and alt-mouse moving cursor.
- Added option for the mouse to move the Riftlook view horizontally only.
- Added Esc in 3rd person Riftlook returns you to Riftlook 1st person (instead of having to exit then re-enter Riftlook). 1
- Added Esc in flycam Riftlook with SpaceNavigator returns you to Riftlook 1st person.
- Added logging of entering and leaving stereoscopic 3D display mode to program log.
- Added work-around to get stereoscopic 3D working with AMD Radeon on Windows.
- Added “–riftlook” command line parameter that toggles into Riftlook after a successful login.
- Add SL name (Strachan Ofarrel) in developer credits.
- Changed to not shorten avatar skeleton in mouselook / Riftlook, so that attachments line up properly when show avatar. 2
- Changed the viewer identifier used for Firestorm support group messages.
- Fixed OpenSim “4096 bug” that limited the range of teleporting. 3
- Fixed teleporting in Riftlook.
- Fixed flycam with the SpaceNavigator in Riftlook and stereoscopic 3D.
- Fixed to stay in mouselook when TPing or when an alert dialog pops up, if UI is turned on in mouselook.
- Fixed mouse coordinates in Riftlook.
- Fixed erroneously starting up in stereoscopic 3D when didn’t exit with it on.
- Fixed pie menu not working properly in Rift full screen non-Riftlook display.
- Fixed shift-drag object selection when editing in stereoscopic 3D.
- Fixed unnecessary field of view messages being sent to simulator.
- Fixed Mac installer background image.
- Fixed sporadic lldrawable crash.
- Updated to Oculus Rift SDK 0.2.5: Improved tilt and yaw correction; Reduced drift.
- Updated build process to have proper Cmake support for Oculus Rift SDK. 4
Setup and usage:
- PC configured to have the Rift display duplicate the PC display.
- Viewer configured for Oculus Rift output — Preferences > Graphics > Display Output.
- Viewer configured to run full screen — Preferences > Graphics > General.
- Basic Shaders or better turned on (Advanced Lighting Model recommended) — Preferences > Graphics > General.
- Also recommended is turning Antialiasing on (requires Advanced Lighting Model) — Preferences > Graphics > Hardware Settings.
- A viewer restart is required after changing Display Output and Full Screen settings.
- To display and use UI in the Rift — Preferences > Move & View > View > Show user interface in Mouselook, and Enable context menus in Mouselook.
- To display avatar toasts in the Rift — Preferences > Chat > General > Show chat in bubbles above avatars.
- Configure other Rift-specific options as desired — Preferences > Graphics > Display Output.
- Toggle into “Riftlook” mode by clicking on the “3D” toolbar button or typing Ctrl-Alt-3.
- Move your head to look around. Use the arrow or WASD keys to move about.
- Exit from Riftlook mode with Esc or Ctrl-Alt-3.
- If you want to start up in Riftlook automatically immediately after logging in, add “–riftlook” to your command line.
- The menu bars and toolbar aren’t displayed in Riftlook.
- Right-clicking on objects in Riftlook always displays the context menu in list form rather than pie form, even if “Use Pie Menu” is configured in the preferences.
- Improper display during teleport while in Riftlook.
- Flickering objects at the edge of the screen.
Based on Firestorm 4.4.2 code and built using the Oculus Rift SDK 0.2.5. Many thanks to the Firestorm team for providing their codebase and to Cinder Roxley for providing the Mac OSX code changes and Rift SDK packaging.