The 1.1 viewer series enable you to have a look around in Second Life and OpenSim with your Oculus Rift headset, but they don’t provide any UI. This release adds some enhancements and fixes to the previous alpha.
- Windows: 18.104.22.168256 Alpha, 1 Sep 2013.
- Mac OSX: 22.214.171.124256 Alpha, 1 Sep 2013. Coming soon!
If you have the previous alpha installed then you can install this release over the top. If you have a 1.0 version of the CtrlAltStudio Viewer installed it is recommended that you do a clean install.
Setup and usage:
- PC configured to have the Rift display duplicate the PC display.
- Viewer configured for Oculus Rift output — Preferences > Graphics > Display Output.
- Viewer configured to run full screen — Preferences > Graphics > General.
- Basic Shaders or better turned on (Advanced Lighting Model recommended) — Preferences > Graphics > General.
- Also recommended is turning Antialiasing on (requires Advanced Lighting Model) — Preferences > Graphics > Hardware Settings.
- A viewer restart is required after changing Display Output and Full Screen settings.
- Toggle into “Riftlook” mode by clicking on the “3D” toolbar button or typing Ctrl-Alt-3.
- Move your head to look around. Use the arrow or WASD keys to move about.
- Exit from Riftlook mode with Esc or Ctrl-Alt-3.
Changes this version:
- Added standing operation mode in which “forwards” is the direction the Rift is pointed in.
- Added seated operation option to have left/right keys strafe and shift-left/right turn.
- Added ability to enter Riftlook mode without a Rift connected.
- Fixed some lighting not being rendered correctly for the right eye.
- Fixed Rift distortion OpenGL shader for older OpenGL versions so that they display the expected barrel distorted images rather than undistorted rectangular ones.
- Fixed exiting from mouselook with display output configured as Oculus Rift messing up the display.
- Fixed windowing when running Riftlook in windowed display instead of full-screen.
- Fixed display aspect being messed up after Alt-F4 to possibly exit while in Riftlook.
- Fixed display changing to Riftlook when changing Display Output settings.
- Fixed crashing when entering 3rd person view while in Riftlook.
- Updated Oculus Rift SDK used from 0.2.3 to 0.2.4.b.
- Graphics don’t display properly unless Advanced Lighting Model is turned on.
- Projected light is not rendered in the left eye.
- When in 3rd person view you cannot look around with the Rift; its pitch and yaw do not update the display.
- The screen coordinates used by your mouse when selecting a target to orbit about in 3rd person view or other operation are incorrect.
- Flickering objects at the edge of the screen.
Based on Firestorm 4.4.2 code and built using the Oculus Rift SDK 0.2.4.b. Many thanks to the Firestorm team for providing their codebase and to Cinder Roxley for providing the Mac OSX code changes and installer.