The 1.0 viewer series provides stable support for stereoscopic 3D with Second Life and OpenSim. This release adds some enhancements and fixes to the previous release.
If you have the previous release installed then you can install this release over the top. If you have an earlier 1.0 alpha version of the CtrlAltStudio Viewer installed it is recommended that you do a clean install.
Changes this version:
- Added Ctrl-Alt-3 keyboard shortcut that toggles stereoscopic 3D on/off.
- Added work-around to get stereoscopic 3D working with AMD Radeon on Windows.
- Added logging of entering and leaving stereoscopic 3D display mode to program log.
- Added logging of display output type to program log.
- Fixed projected light rendering in stereoscopic 3D.
- Fixed world not being updated after leaving stereoscopic 3D display mode.
- Fixed shift-drag object selection when editing in stereoscopic 3D.
- Fixed flycam with SpaceNavigator in stereoscopic 3D.
- Fixed “Stereoscopic 3D” menu item not being disabled when display output is configured as “Normal”.
- Fixed erroneously starting up in stereoscopic 3D when didn’t exit with it on.
- Fixed unnecessary field of view messages being sent to simulator.
- Improved the mouse coordinates used for manipulating object editing controls.
- Changed the viewer identifier used for Firestorm support group messages.
- Changed the build instructions to remove list of Mac-specific files not yet updated for the CtrlAltStudio Viewer because they are automatically updated during building.
- Fixed Mac installer background image.
Setup and usage:
- It works with NVIDIA GeForce and 3D Vision with driver 314.07 or later; should work with GeForce GTS250 or better. It should also work with NVIDIA Quadro cards plus AMD Radion HD 6000 or better and FireGL V7600 or better with recent drivers.
- Using an NVIDIA GeForce graphics card and NVIDIA 3D Vision on Windows you need:
- GeForce driver 314.07 or later.
- Display set to 120Hz.
- Stereoscopic 3D enabled in the NVIDIA Control Panel.
- 3D Vision set up and working. *
- Viewer configured to run full screen — Preferences > Graphics > General.
- Viewer configured for stereoscopic 3D output — Preferences > Graphics > Display Output.
- Other graphics cards and operating systems will need to be configured similarly.
- So that it can be used with both Second Life and OpenSim, this viewer is compiled without the HAVOK library. This means that certain advanced features are not available when used with Second Life: visual display of the pathfinding navmesh and rigged mesh upload support.
- No crash log reporting: Crash logs are not sent to anybody.