This release completes stereoscopic 3D support.
If you have previous version of the CtrlAltStudio Viewer installed it is highly recommended that you do a clean install.
Changes this version:
- Fixed objects near the edge of the screen not being displayed in stereoscopic 3D.
- Added a “3D” toolbar button that toggles stereoscopic 3D rendering on and off.
- Fixed stereoscopic 3D rendering problems that occurred with Basic Shaders or Atmospheric Shaders on but Advanced Lighting Model off.
- Added sound.
- Added version checking so that you are notified when there is a new viewer release.
- Changed messages displayed during log-in to not display Firestorm-specific messages.
- Changed the editing particle beam from orange to white and toned down the avatar cloud.
- Fixed pink screen upon exit which happened if Advance Lighting Model was turned on.
- So that it can be used with both Second Life and OpenSim, this viewer is compiled without the HAVOK library. This means that certain advanced features are not available when used with Second Life: visual display of the pathfinding navmesh and rigged mesh upload support.
- No crash log reporting: Crash logs are not sent to anybody.
Based on Firestorm 4.4.2 code. Many thanks to the Firestorm team for providing this codebase. And thanks to Cinder Roxley for providing the Mac OSX code changes and installer.