This update adds stereoscopic 3D rendering of 3D UI and improved graphics options.
Download: 18.104.22.168755 Beta, 29 Jun 2013 (Windows)
- Added stereoscopic 3D display of 3D UI: avatar name tags, floating text, land boundaries, and object editing controls.
- Added improved graphics support. Stereoscopic 3D now works with Basic Shaders enabled, provided you also turn on Advanced Lighting Model. Ambient Occlusion, Shadows, Water Reflections, and Point Lighting also work.
- Added code for Mac OSX building. Code very kindly provided by Cinder Roxley.
- Objects near the edges of the screen are not always displayed.
- The display is not rendered properly with Basic Shaders or Atmospheric Shaders turned on without Advanced Lighting Model also turned on.
- No sound: The FMOD sound library is not included in the build.
- No version checking: No check for a newer viewer version is done.
- No Second Life physics: The HAVOK library is not included with the viewer.
- No crash log reporting: Crash logs are not sent to anybody.
Based on Firestorm 4.4.0 code. Many thanks to the Firestorm team for providing this codebase.