Enables you to move your view around, akin to Second Life.
To ensure you always use the latest version of the script, use it via this URL rather than downloading it.
- Alt + left-click on an object and while keeping Alt down, move your mouse and use Shift and Ctrl key combinations to move your view:
- Alt + mouse up/down: zooms in / out.
- Alt + mouse left/right: orbits left / right.
- Alt + Ctrl + mouse up/down/left/right: orbits over / under / left / right.
- Alt + Ctrl + Shift + mouse up/down/left/right: pans down / up / right / left.
- Your camera stays where it is when you release the Alt key, enabling you to Alt + left-click on another object to further move your view.
- Press Esc or move your avatar to revert back to your default view.
- If there’s no object under you click point then it orbits about a point in space in the direction of your click.
This script is a modified version of High Fidelity’s inspect.js script. Changes made:
- Leave the camera where it is when you release Alt key, rather than snapping the view back to default.
- Restore your camera to the default view when you press Esc key or move your avatar.