This is an old script and may not work properly.
Provides text chat local to the domain you’re visiting. When available, users’ display names are associated with each message.
To ensure you always use the latest version of the script, use it via this URL rather than downloading it.
- Menu item: View > Local Chat… shows / hides window.
- Keyboard: Press “\” to show and Esc to hide.
- Type “/me emotes” to display “[username] emotes“.
- Type “http://” and “hifi://” URLs to display hyperlinks.
- Type Shift-Enter to start a new line in the message without sending.
The chat messages displayed are local to the domain you’re currently visiting. Users’ display names are associated with each message.
When in desktop display mode, the chat window is a separate window which can be dragged off the Interface window. You can paste text into the input pane and copy text from the chat history.
When in HMD display mode, the chat is displayed in a window on the HUD overlay.
Local chat sends messages and displays messages received via the Messages object on the “chat” channel.
- Chat messages are sent over a public, non-secure communications channel.
- Identity is not guaranteed: users can set their display name to whatever they like.
- The content of the communications displayed is not moderated.