New this release is Xbox 360 controller support. With it you can walk your avatar, fly your avatar, use mouselook, use flycam, orbit about points in 3rd person view, click on objects and use objects’ context menus … with normal, stereoscopic 3D, and Oculus Rift display output.
The following control scheme is provided:
- Back: Toggle flycam on/off.
- Start: Toggle between moving avatar and moving cursor.
- Back + Start: Toggle Rift or 3D stereoscopic 3D on/off.
- In avatar movement mode:
- Left stick: Move forwards / backwards and left / right.
- Right stick: Change camera pitch and roll.
- Left & right triggers: Fly down / up.
- In cursor movement mode:
- Left stick: Move cursor up / down and left / right.
- Right stick: Scroll mouse wheel forwards / backwards (i.e., zoom view).
- Left & right triggers: No action.
- Left stick click: Jump up / stop flying.
- Right stick click: Toggle 1st person view.
- Left bumper: Left or right mouse click. *
- Right bumper: Right or left mouse click. *
- Y key: Escape
- X key: Control
- A key: Alt
- B key: Shift
- D-pad: Not used * There’s a preferences option to swap bumper buttons.
With your Xbox 360 controller connected — wired or wireless — enable it in Preferences > Move & View > Movement. Then you can adjust its configuration using the associated Joystick Configuration button. Xbox 360-specific defaults are provided. You should also calibrate your controller, e.g., using the device’s properties provided via Windows’ Devices and Printers folder. (To date it has only been tested on Windows.)
Other changes this version:
- Updated to Firestorm 4.6.5 codebase. Lots of good stuff there.
- Miscellaneous enhancements and bug fixes. See the Release Notes for details.
- Windows installer: 184.108.40.206169 Release, 24 May 2014.
- Mac OSX installer: 220.127.116.11167 Release, 12 May 2014. For Mac OSX Lion (10.7) or later.
UPDATE: The 41169 version is a minor update that fixes some Xbox controllers not being recognized; it is otherwise identical to the original 41167 version. You don’t need to update unless you are encountering the problem.