The radar app (free) has been updated:
- Added count of avatars displayed.
- Refresh rate increased a little.
- Displays your avatar dot only if your camera’s not in first person.
- Improved font of numbers.
- About dialog added, with version number and help.
A PRO version (paid) of the app is now also available:
- Hover avatar dot to show the user’s display name.
- Click avatar dot to persist showing the display name.
- Settings dialog added.
- Display of your avatar dot is configurable in settings dialog: always, not in first person view, never.
- Refresh rate is configurable in settings dialog.
Where is everyone in this domain?! This radar app shows you.
It works in both HMD and desktop modes. The display is centered on your camera location and oriented per your tablet in HMD mode or camera in desktop mode.
Available in the High Fidelity Marketplace: https://highfidelity.com/marketplace/items/25795f96-8ee3-41af-8fb3-3f2da89526bd
Sometimes while in your HMD in High Fidelity, you want to quickly toggle your microphone on or off. Or even just see its current state.
A handy wrist button enables you to do this without opening the tablet:
- If your finger or laser is near, it appears and shows the current mic state.
- Touch with your index finger or laser it to toggle it on/off.
Available in the High Fidelity Marketplace:
UPDATE: Originally released as version 1.0.0-29; shortly thereafter updated to version 1.0.1-31.
I’ve updated the local chat script to display in a movable, resizable window on the HUD overlay when using an HMD. In desktop mode, the chat window can still be dragged outside the Interface window.
I’ve updated the local chat script to use High Fidelity’s “Messages” object for communications instead of using an external Web server application. As before, chat windows are displayed in both desktop and HMD views. The primary user-visible difference is that chat history from the last 30 minutes is no longer displayed when you log in or visit a domain.
I’ve reworked the local chat script to display in its own window in desktop mode.
This window can be dragged outside the Interface window and can be resized. As well as being more readable, you can past text into the input pane and copy test from the chat history.
When in HMD display mode, the chat is displayed in an HUD window as before.
The script URL remains the same: http://ctrlaltstudio.com/downloads/hifi/scripts/chat.js
Full description: http://ctrlaltstudio.com/hifi/chat
Note: You may need to do a “Reload” in the Running Scripts window to refresh your cached copy.
- 15 Aug 2015: Made the size and position of the chat window be remembered between program runs.
- 8 Aug 2015: Fixed chat messages not being displayed when script loads.